Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Brewery 2.0 - Blind Pig - Woot!

I can't believe it has been 6 months since my last brew.  We recently moved so I had to pack up my brewing gear until the new house was ready.  I had to run new electric and water lines and add a venting system to the basement before I could get back up and running.  I also added a new brew stand.  And then I had to find the time to brew.  That time came during a week off from work, thankfully.  I brewed Blind Pig again, I just can't get enough Russian River around here.  The new system worked flawlessly and I decided to fly sparge this one.  I hit 82.5% efficiency.  The venting is so aggressive that I got a little light-headed during the boil.  Still gotta add that make-up air system.  But all in all, it was a great brew day.  I can't wait to brew again.

Grain              Additions                                 Results
13 2-row         1.5 chinook at 60                    6.8 at 1064
.5 wheat          .5 cascade at 30                      5.8 at 1076
.5 c-40            1 cascade at 15                      
.5 carapils       Irish moss at 10                                  
                        .5 amarillo at 2                                  
                        .5 simcoe at 2             
mash at 151    .25 amarillo, .25 simcoe, .5 cascade, 1 centennial dry
s-05 at 66-68   target og 1066                                    
add dry hops to primary on day 7 (60 degrees), 32 degrees on day 12 and rack off on day 14

No comments:

Post a Comment