Saturday, June 3, 2017

Vessi Test Brew - American Pale Ale

Hello?  Is this thing on?

So, uh, yeah, it's been a while.  Over two years ago, I sold my electric brew system and invested in an Indiegogo campaign for a brew system called Brewie.  I have been patiently waiting for the Brewie and while I have finally taken delivery, it is currently broken.  The latest software update doesn't work and it just sits there looking pretty, but totally useless.  I also invested in another Indiegogo campaign for a temperature and pressure controlled fermentation and serving vessel called Vessi.  Whirlpool backed Vessi, so that one has been a much better experience from start to finish.  With Brewie broken I could not wait any longer and had to brew a beer to test out the Vessi.  This APA came out much better than I expected.  The Vessi is a really cool gizmo and I highly recommend the product.  Using Vessi is a much easier process to ferment and dispense.  With a closed system, no oxygen can get into the beer and I no longer have to lift or move any carboys.  I have only dropped and cracked one carboy in my brewing career, but alas it was full of beer and ended up entirely on my basement floor.  No more risk with Vessi.  It is a really slick product.


Vessi Test Brew - American Pale Ale

6# gold malt syrup
1# amber dry malt extract

20 min boil
1oz Summit at 20 mins
1oz Cascade at 15 mins
1oz Cascade at 10 mins
1oz Centennial at 5 mins

3 gal boil, topped up to 5 gal going into the fermentor

Target OG-1052
OG-1048
FG-1007

ABV: 5.38%

US-05 Yeast
Carbon filtered tap water, no adjustments

No comments:

Post a Comment