Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ESB

One of my best friends was having his first child and I wanted to brew something special for his new baby's arrival.  He and his wife decided not to find out whether it would be a boy or a girl so it made my style choice somewhat difficult.  I decided on an ESB because it was a pretty straight forward beer that appeals to most palates, and because I could play on the ESB name by making my label say "Extra Super Baby".  The label was awesome, and the beer turned out just great, just like my friend's new little girl.  I used my small batch single kettle e-BIAB and scaled down the below recipe to 3.5 gallons.


Grains:
14# 2-row
.50# c-40
.38# c-120
.25# Special Roast
.50# Aromatic Malt
Mash at 154

Additions:
90 min boil
1.5 oz EKG at 60
.5 oz EKG at 20
1 oz EKG at 1

S-04 at 68
OG 1063
fg1014

No comments:

Post a Comment